Bill has finished putting poly on the wood floor in the living room! This wood floor turned out to be more work than we originally thought but it turned out beautiful thanks to the many talents of my husband!
As I was downsizing, I realized that I REALLY like sheets and blankets...and this was kind of a surprise to me! We have 2 beds and I had about 10 sets of sheets and way too many blankets and quilts. I have taken like 6 garbage bags of bedding to Goodwill and I still have plenty. I am happy to have kept the quilts that have meaning, several of which were made by my talented mother. :-)
The packing up is starting to get real as the stack of boxes in my house grows. Very handy to work at Wolters Kluwer where there are usually nice paper boxes to grab on my way out of work. I am hoping that we can pack, take over, unpack, and reuse many of these boxes but we will see how this goes.
I would like to get the bedroom floor painted this weekend and am hoping we can start moving some of the furniture for the living room over if the floor is ready/dry. We have to decide which furniture is going and which is not so we will see what fits well in the new smaller house...although this could meaning moving furniture and then finding out it does not work out there.
Bill is excited to have a garden again and is making good progress on getting this planted. We have discovered that raised beds need to be watered pretty much every day so we will see how that goes since we sometimes start stuff but struggle to keep up with maintenance (like watering every day).