Friday, April 29, 2011

Ready to start the big adventure!

Our "big adventure" will involve moving 185 miles north to our cabin so that we can help our friends manage their resort for the summer.  Our friend has cancer and we are blessed to be able to offer our assistance at the resort!  I will be working part-time remote and Bill will take jobs that fit our schedule (as he is self employed).
We move up today and are blessed, excited and nervous to begin the move part of this adventure.  We are struggling to take enough to get by while realizing that our cabin is very small (16 x 20 with a bedroom loft).  This is really pushing us to think about what is REALLY necessary and eliminate the "I might need this" and "this would be nice to have" items.  I have been amazed at how much stuff I have that is not really critical!!

We are off into the wild blue yonder!!

4 comments:

  1. A blog is a great idea Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogosphere :)
    Looking forward to your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will look forward to following your adventure. Happy Mothers day to one of the finest mom's I know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a wonderful gift you are giving to your friend. I look forward to reading about your adventure, as I know your determination to effectively run the resort will be an inspiration to your friend to fight her battle.

    ReplyDelete