Thursday, July 14, 2011

Back in St Cloud for a few days!

Bill and I went fishing at Arrowhead again last Sunday and caught another 32 sunnies.  No record setting sizes but plenty of ones big enough to keep (and quite a few small ones that we threw back).  Looking forward to another fish fry sometime!!

I am working on making a "welcome" sign for the resort.  I have the board painted and worked with K to find letters that were what she wanted.  We couldn't find any that looked rounded and soft enough but I found some that were close with hard edges.  I printed them out and was totally amazed at how much softer the letters looked when I rounded out all of the edges.  Now just need to get the letters traced on the board and get some gold paint!

We headed for St. Cloud on Tuesday afternoon and hit a great "all you can eat meatloaf" meal at Pestello's in Pequot Lakes.  The meal was only like $3.95 before 6 PM and included mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, garlic bread, and meatloaf...pretty darn cheap and still pretty darn tasty!  Bill loves meatloaf so he was pretty happy that we happened to pick this particular day to stop at this restaurant for the first time.  If you are ever near Pequot Lakes, the place is worth checking out. 

When we got home, I went to the grocery store to pick up some of the basic food that we will need for the next couple of days.  When I opened the fridge, I just could not put food in a fridge that was that grubby!  Between not getting to clean it recently (like maybe a little longer than not recently, honestly) and having it used during Hotel Haley days, it definitely needed a cleaning.  So, there I was, cleaning a fridge and freezer until about 10:30 at night.  This cabin cleaning stuff is definitely starting to rub off on my life in general!!

It was great to see everyone at the office on Wednesday.  We had a software release celebration for one of my products and got to enjoy pies from Perkins with the team.  Great to get a chance to visit with everyone and enjoy some great pie options (French Silk, Peanut Butter Chocolate, Carmel Apple, Peach, and Strawberry Mango...yum, yum).

As I am typing this blog, I realize that I spend quite a bit of time talking about what we cook and eat!  Interesting and I think that this may have something to do with meals and socializing being such a major part of my family's interaction model.  Nothing says I love you like good food and good discussion!

We took Minnow to the music at Summertime By George last night and it was great fun to see her dancing around and checking out all of the other people. We enjoyed listening to the Jacob Martin Band (country rock band from Nashville).  We went with a friend from church and our youngest daughter, Haley, also came and hung out with us for a while. 

Bill spent yesterday getting our yard and patio back into shape and I thought perhaps I was at the wrong house when I got home yesterday...just kidding!  However, he did do a great job cleaning up all of the leaves, branches, and weeds on the patio and around all of the flower gardens and the house.  I hate doing that work so I am very appreciative of all of his efforts and work!!

Had a great dinner with a bunch of women from Crossroads church and it was great to see everyone and hang out.  We ate at a new restaurant in town  (see, more food discussion!?) called Dickey's Barbeque Pit (http://www.dickeys.com/default.aspx).  It is a cute little place with good food.  Our group would definitely recommend it!

I don't think Bill will mind if I share that he has a colonoscopy tomorrow and, since he had colon cancer a year ago, he is a little worried about this (and hates the prep stuff...but don't we all?).  Please keep him in your prayers tonight and tomorrow!

I have decided that I do not know how to write short blogs anymore but I will work on that in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment