Saturday, June 18, 2011

Too much rain!

It is raining...again!  What the heck happened to April showers bring May flowers and then warm sunny June summer weather??  Okay, I am done whining about the weather but it does make cleaning cabins and keeping a lodge clean a bit of a challenge!!  I did manage to clean 2 cabins yesterday afternoon between the rain and sweep/vacuum the lodge and bathrooms.  K is having a tough week emotionally but we are working through everything.  It has been frustrating to her to have her "restrictions" lifted only to find that she still can't do everything as she still has less than full strength and mobility.  On the good news front, she is handling the chemo well and we are thankful for that!

Bill met John over at Cut Foot Sioux yesterday to fish and get our boat back (as we left it at Leech Lake for him to use this week).  They were just starting to catch nice perch when it started to rain.  Bill did get enough northern and perch to work on a "fish cake" recipe.  I will let you know the results but I am thinking they will be wonderful!! :-)

I was changing a light bulb in the fish cleaning house last night and apparently I am not as tall as I like to think I am.  It was a bit too much of a stretch and I dropped the CFL bulb.  I have not really paid much attention to CFL bulbs in my life but apparently you are supposed to take special precautions when this occurs.  You know me, I had to google this and see if this is accurate as there are no such instructions or cautions on the CFL packaging.  Well, sure enough, (http://www.energystar.gov/ia/products/lighting/cfls/downloads/CFL_Cleanup_and_Disposal.pdf), you are supposed to leave the room for 15 minutes and turn off any ventilation system and be careful cleaning up the mess.  Very interesting to find out!!

Our middle daughter, Macy, ended up in the emergency room yesterday and had her appendix removed last night.  We talked with her this morning and the surgery went well and she may even go home today.  They do the surgery via the belly button and 2 small incisions.  Amazing that the hospital stay for this surgery used to be like 5 days!!  We will keep her in our prayers through her recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment