Saturday, May 28, 2011

Busy day at the resort

All in all, today was a busy day!  Bill and I headed over to the garage sale before 8 AM to check out the paving stones/patio block.  After driving for a while, he agreed that K and I had gotten quite far off the main road.  While my pics are not as good as Bill's pics will be, here are a couple from Dinner Creek (which is where the cool blow down wood is in the creek).  I am excited for Bill to take his good camera out and shoot black and whites of this area!




So we got 100 8" x 16" patio block for $25 at garage sale and this should be enough for under the water tank plus enough to possibly make a small patio.  Two guys at the sale even helped to load all of the block.  The truck was riding a little low with all of the weight but we made it safely back home.

I got one cabin partially turned over before my sister and her husband arrived.  We had some great chicken soup that Bill had made for lunch and then we ran home to clean up our cabin.  When we were heading back, Bill thought we should take the 3 wheeler and I thought we should take my car.  However, I jumped on the 3 wheeler but suggested that we got going quickly as it looked like rain.  Well, we could not drive forward and kept jack knifing the little cart as we backed up.  Finally, I said that I didn't think we were meant to take the 3 wheeler so we switched to my car.  We were not even out the driveway (which is pretty darn short) before the skies opened up and the rain and hail started.  Bill looked over at me and said, "Good thing we are in the car.  You would have killed me if we were on the 3 wheeler!" and he was right! :-)

When we got back to the resort, they already had the biggest flower bed all laid out.  My sister is simply amazing in how simple she made the whole effort seem!  She has a great eye for plant layout and I will post pics tomorrow so everyone can see how great the flower beds look.  We got 5 of the 7 flower beds done before the weather (and our sore backs!) meant we were done for the day.

Since we are all feeling the hard work in various muscle groups, we are heading to bed early but looking forward to finishing the last 2 flower beds tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment