Friday, May 13, 2011

Trip to Bemdji and OPENING DAY!!

We took a field trip yesterday into Bemdji to get supplies for ourselves and the resort.  We checked out Goodwill and picked up some flannel shirts (which do happen to be required clothing in Northern Minnesota!).   We also found a great chocolate shop (Chocolate Plus) as I have been surviving with very little chocolate in my life (which I know is shocking to those of you who know how much I love chocolate!!).  We did some exploring of the town as we had never really spent much time in Bemidji (or BURmidji, if you are my husband...as it does get cold up here!).  We found a great coffee shop connected to a very nice pawn shop...something for me and something for Bill...life is good!

We were debating eating or shopping and Bill was not hungry yet so we decided to go shopping.  Imagine this...we start shopping at about 5:45 or so.  We had 2 shopping lists (one for us and one for the resort) and were shopping in a SuperWalmart where we do not know where to find stuff and the locations of items does not appear to be logical.  Needless to say, this shopping trip too longer than I anticipated and, of course, this lead to me being very hungry, which lead to me being very crabby (or as my friends know, 5 minutes past bitchy!!).  At that point, I actually whipped a granola bar out of my purse and ate it in the frozen section of Walmart (much to my husband's bewilderment).  You would think after 15 years together, that he would understand this and not be surprised!! 

On the way out of the store, I stopped suddenly and Bill was not able to stop the heavy cart of items that he had and ran into my heel.  I was shocked that I only said "Son of a...." and did not finish the statement.  I then turned to my husband (who did this very accidentally) and told him that he was darn lucky that I had eaten the granola bar or the outcome would have been very different!!

We went back to downtown Bemidji and had a great dinner at Backyard BBQ.  Bill had the 1/2 rack and I had a pulled pork sandwich.  The meat was very good (but not as good as Bill's) and the corn bread was very good (better than mine, I admit).  I would recommend the restaurant if anyone is in Bemidji looking for a good place to eat at a reasonable price. 

Today is opening day at the resort.  We had a few things to finish up but were basically ready when the first guests arrived!  I am looking forward to meeting everyone and finding out more about fishing opener at a resort!!

No comments:

Post a Comment