Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tough day in the north woods

It has been a terrible, horrible, no good very bad day in northern Minnesota.  That particular reference will not make any sense to you if you did not read your kids the book "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day" by Judith Viorst!  If you have kids or grandkids, it is a book that I recommend.  Some of the books that my grand daughter enjoys reading are "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you see" by Eric Carle, "The Mixed Up Chameleon" also by Eric Carle, and "I love you, Stinky Face" by Lisa McCourt.  You areally can't go wrong with any Eric Carle book, in my opinion!

Anyway, back to this being a tough day...the day actually started out just fine for me but K was not in a good place today and Bill came back to the cabin shortly after he went over to the resort this morning to avoid conflict.  That behavior could lead to a whole additional blog but we won't go there today!!

The weather is yucky with a cold wind and rain.  The roads are mud puddles.  The forecast is for more rain tonight.  This situation has not helped anyone's mood today!

The difficult request for me today was being asked not to blog about any resort guests.  The concern is that someone knows someone who recognizes someone in the blog and they are offended.  I do understand the concern that this would impact business and I should probably have thought about that myself!   I will respect this request except for blogging about those of you that I know! :-)  However, I do have to admit that 1) I have enjoyed telling stories about what I am seeing and experiencing and 2) there is a side of me that says that people who act dumb in public do not have a right to privacy.  I am open to any comments and thoughts on this topic that any blog reader may want to share.

Bill made some very wonderful fresh asparagus soup for supper tonight.  I am blessed to be married to this wonderful man who is also a wonderful cook!

My daughter, Chelsey, and her boyfriend, Evan, are coming up tomorrow and staying through Friday and we are looking forward to spending time with them!  We have to finish bailing water out of the boat so that they can go fishing.  We are planning on taking a field trip on Friday possibly to the bear sanctuary in Orr so we are praying that we get a few days of nice weather!

2 comments:

  1. A suggestion on the stories about guests is not to mention names or to keep them in the complimenting category but I agree on the so and so knows so and so I've worked in retail to long not to know otherwise

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree on the not mentioning names. Other than that, if you can identify someone by reading that someone is from Iowa then more power to ya. Most people just need to get a life, this is just a personal blog. No harm is intended and no secrets are being revealed.

    ReplyDelete