Saturday, May 7, 2011

Dock Day!

It was a very lazy morning as we basically sat around and hung out!  We got the Iowa Queen (small boat) flipped over and took it (and our laundry) over to the resort to wash.  After lunch (and a nap!), Bill worked on cleaning the boat while I worked on cleaning the cabin.

We put up our hummingbird feeder as I thought I heard some hummingbirds when I was sitting outside.  We are excited to see and hear all of the birds in the area.  K has a CD to learn bird sounds and we are going to borrow that for a while.

This evening we got to help put in a dock.  This was a first time experience for me and it was rather interesting!  Due to the ice damage and the high water level, there was quite a bit of work to do on the various dock sections.  I got to wear waders for the first time and I was amazed at the water pressure and how it sucked the wader tight against my skin!  It was like wearing compression socks over whatever part of my body was in the water...very interesting.  They certainly kept out the cold water which was great as the water is still pretty cold as I learned when I had to reach in and move cement blocks.  We had 3 of us in the water and 2 guys helping from on land/dock.  We ended up tipping over one section of the dock and had a bit of struggle to get it upright again but it all worked out in the end.  By the end, it was getting dark and I was chilled from having wet sleeves on my T-shirt and the cool night breeze.  It felt darn good to take a shower and clean/warm up!  Here a few pictures when we were working on the first section of dock!




No comments:

Post a Comment