Monday, May 23, 2011

Life in the big city

It was great to see a bunch of my friends at work today.  I have training all day on "scrum" which is a software development methodology that will be used on one of the products I manage.  The training was actually well done (as opposed to a recent training where the trainer read the slides...makes me crazy!). 

We celebrated Haley's 20th birthday with dinner tonight (since we won't be in town on her actual birthday) with Matt, Macy, Tip, Minnow, Haley, Mandy (house guest) and Kristy (house guest).  We were able to enjoy the nice weather and eat outside which was such a treat.  We had bbq chicken, homemade mac-n-cheese, fresh asparagus, fruit and stawberry angel food cake...it was good birthday food!!  Hard to believe that my youngest child will be 20 in a week since it seems like I was 20 not long ago.  The years go by so fast and seem to go faster every year...I figure a year will seem like a week by the time I am 90 or so!!  :-)

K had a doctor appointment today and got the rest of the staples removed, the last drain removed, and a port put in (for the upcoming chemo).  She said that the nerve medication is helping with the pain and she is very happy to be rid of the staples and drain.  She starts chemo again on June 2nd so she will be able to enjoy the upcoming Memorial Day weekend before starting treatment again.

While we have enjoyed our time back in Cloudy Town, the crappies are biting and resort needs tending so it is time to head back up north tomorrow after work.

No comments:

Post a Comment