Monday, May 30, 2011

Flower Beds and Great Guests


Mary and Jerry finished up the flower beds yesterday and they look wonderful!  We had the most delightful young man, Alex, who is a guest at the resort, who helped us with flower beds on Saturday.  He is about 10 years old and is a very outgoing and helpful young man with a dimply smile that you can't help but love!  Here are some pictures from the work in progress on the flower beds.
We gave Mary a hard time on this trip as she did not bring any high heeled shoes (which is why we call her "Northwoods Barbie")!  We are looking foward to seeing them again in mid July when they are coming up for a week. 

There are the most delightful and friendly guests at the resort this weekend.  It is such fun to get to meet new people from all over the state and Midwest US.  There is a couple from Grand Rapids who had their daughter and granddaughter come for a visit.  Of course, there were several discussions over who had the cutest grand child! :-)  There are guests from Iowa who were enjoying seeing the flower beds coming along and also enjoyed grilling some huge steaks (which of course smelled great and made us hungry)!

We did not do much yesterday as I hurt by hip/back loading the patio blocks on Saturday so I spent most of the day reading "Pillars of the Earth" by Ken Follett.  It was recommneded to me by a friend and when I first read that it was about building cathedrals in the early 1100's, I was not too sure.  However, having now finished this monster (800+ pages on my Nook), I would highly recommend it!

PS:  Happy 20th Birthday to my daugher, Haley, and Happy 56th Wedding Anniversary to my parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment