Friday, May 6, 2011

What a glorious day!!

Wow...what a glorious day the Lord has made!  K came home from the hospital and is feeling like she has been kicked by a mule (quote from her) but is glad to be out of the hospital.  She hung around outside for a while as she is tired of being inside (just like the rest of us).

I got another cabin cleaned today with the help of K's sister who is up visiting for a few days.  We also got 2 loads of curtains washed so we will hang those back up over the weekend.  Bill helped to rake up leaves around the cabins.  I also got about half a dozen chairs cleaned.  They are re-upholstered metal chairs that were in a bowling alley and then in storage so they are a little dirty!! 

We cooked pork steak over the fire for dinner and enjoyed a glass of Gpa Fuchs's wine.  His latest medley is really quite excellent!

However, this whole scene was changed by a call from American Eagle regarding an order that I supposedly placed.  You guessed it...someone got a hold of my credit card # and was ordering stuff on line.  Not sure what tipped off AE to call and verify but I am appreciative of their call.  The other good thing is that Discover was absolutely wonderful about verifying which charges were legit, cancelling our card, reversing the fraululent charges, etc.  I talked to three different individuals at Discover and they were all wonderfully helpful.  Not a major issue...just inconvenient!

We will be putting in a dock tomorrow so darn, we won't be able to attend the local smelt fry.  I mean really...why would I want to eat fish with the fins and bones...not breaking my heart that we won't be able to participate in that event!

No comments:

Post a Comment